We Gladly Deliver A High Quality, Premium Heating Oil At An Affordable Cost Across Suffolk County.
Emissions from today’s diesel trucks and buses are near zero thanks to more efficient engines, more effective emissions control technology and the nationwide availability of ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel.
Diesel is a petroleum-based fuel with a high energy content - helping diesel go further per gallon than most other alternatives.
- Refiners reduced the sulfur content in diesel fuel by 97 percent. This ultra-clean fuel is important because sulfur tends to hamper exhaust-control devices in diesel engines, like lead once impeded the catalytic converters on gasoline cars. Just as taking the lead out of gasoline in the 1970s enabled a new generation of emissions control technologies that have made gasoline vehicles over 95 percent cleaner, so will removing the sulfur from diesel help usher in a new generation of clean diesel technology.
- Ultra-low sulfur fuel (ULSD) is now available nationwide.
Read DTF's Diesel Fuel StudyDiesel: Fueling the Future in a Green Economy.
Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration, based on the National Defense University.
Diesel is the world's most efficient internal combustion engine. It provides more power and more fuel efficiency than alternatives such as gasoline, compressed natural gas or liquefied natural gas.
- Fuel combustion is the primary difference between gasoline and diesel engines. Gasoline engines ignite fuel with spark plugs, whereas diesels ignite fuel with compression. The piston stroke in a diesel engine results in a compression of the fuel air mixture so intense that it combusts spontaneously.
- Advanced new technologies such as electronic controls, common rail fuel injection, variable injection timing, improved combustion chamber configuration and turbocharging have made diesel engines cleaner, quieter and more powerful than past vehicles.
The Emissions Control System
With the introduction of lower sulfur diesel fuel, a number of exhaust treatment systems can further reduce emissions from diesel engines.
- Particulate Traps - collect particulate matter as the exhaust gases pass through and can reduce particulate emissions by 80-90 percent using a catalytic reaction or an auxiliary heating element.
- Catalytic Converters - use a chemical reaction to convert emissions into harmless substances. Some catalysts such as selective catalytic reduction (SCR) devices and NOx absorbers - focus on nitrogen oxides and can reduce these emissions by 25-50 percent.
Hometown Fuel Premium Diesel
As of Fall 2013 Hometown Fuel is delivering a premium detergent enriched diesel fuel. In addition our diesel has the following features and benefits:
- Meets industry requirements for diesel injector cleanliness
- Maintains injector spray pattern
- Keeps injectors clean
- Helps maintain peak engine performance
COLD FLOW (LTFT)
- Lowers LTFT Cold Flow Results
- Lowers fuel pour point and CFPP
- Increases fuel flow through filters
- Reduces waxing and gelling
- Can increase service life of sensitive fuel system components
- Improves performance
- Minimizes fuel contamination with corrosion by-products
- Protects fuel system components
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Inhibits the formation of filter plugging gums and residue
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Helps maintain injector cleanliness
- Prevents water related problems that can occur in diesel fuel
Hometown fuel has fueling solutions you need to efficiently and cost effectively fuel your fleet. If you own a trucking company, bus company or have a diesel generator and would like to start receiving diesel deliveries give us a call 631-878-8700 or use our contact us page and someone will be happy to assist you.